Instagram is a household name these days and for good reason.Â Itâ€™s more than just a photo and video sharing app.Â Itâ€™s for socializing and businesses recognize its potential.Â There are very few people who arenâ€™t aware that Instagram exists.Â With that in mind, are you making the most out of your account?Â If you arenâ€™t, now is the time to branch out and explore everything that the app has to offer.
Here are ten tips that will help you gain more satisfaction with Instagram:
- Share photos with your social media accounts.Â The popular app allows you to take photos, use different filters to alter their appearance, and share them on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr.Â If you add a location to your post, you can check into Foursquare as well.
- Experiment with different filters.Â With 16 different filters to choose from, thereâ€™s no excuse for not being artistic with your photos.Â You can tell your story in an incredible way by experimenting with Instagram to capture the right look for your photos.Â Some of the filter choices that users can select include Amaro, Mayfair, Rise, Lo-fi, Earlybird, Toaster, and Walden.
- Sync and print your photos.Â All Instagram photos are saved to the camera roll.Â To print and share these pictures with the people in your life is easy.Â All you have to do is sync your mobile device to your computer and print as many copies as youâ€™d like to have.Â Have extra copies on hand to give out to friends.
- Create crafts using the pictures youâ€™ve captured with the app.Â The Internet is full of creative people and thanks to websites like Pinterest and blogs like Mod Podge Rocks, you get all the inspiration you need to take your Instagram photos and turn them into pillows, magnets, and coasters to place around your home.
- Promote your business.Â Show people what your day-to-day operations look like.Â Capture people in the middle of innovation.Â Document their progress on projects.Â Give your followers a sneak peek of the new product or service youâ€™re promoting.Â Like other forms of social media, Instagram can be very persuasive.Â If youâ€™ve got something to say and sell, do it in a manner that resonates with your customers.
- Back them up.Â Use Instarchive to download all of your photos to one convenient file on your computer.Â Rather than spend hours saving and searching through your pics, you can click on the folder and access everything youâ€™ve ever photographed.Â This is a great way to keep all your stored photos from eating up the memory on your phone.
- Use hashtags to create a buzz.Â Using hashtags can make it easier for people to search for and comment on the Instagram photos that youâ€™ve taken.Â Some of the most popular hashtags that people search for include: #love, #me, #cute, and #food.
- Create a video.Â Record 15 second videos to share with your family and friends.Â Bring them to the places you visit on vacation.Â Engage with your customers by creating micro-tutorials that explain how to use your businessâ€™ products and services.Â Let others hear the sound of your voice as you tell them how awesome it was to catch that killer wave or be in the audience of a rocking concert.
- Use it at your party.Â The trendy service Instaprint allows partygoers to take pictures using their Instagram account, tagging them with a custom hashtag, and printing them on the spot.Â Talk about amazing souvenirs!Â People love the idea of the service more than they like old-fashioned photo booths.
- Send a postcard.Â Use Postagram to send personalized messages to all your loved ones back home when youâ€™re on vacation.Â Capture the scenery and allow others to bask in the warm glow of the sundrenched beach youâ€™ve been spending days exploring.Â The art of correspondence may not be what it used to be but it still can be fun.
Bio:Â Â Richard Larson is author and Brand Manager for GoPromotional.com. He enjoys sharing social media and marketing tips.